HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - one pin sights
Thread: one pin sights
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:20 AM
VT Outfitter
Spike

I shoot HHA and love it. I suggest HHA to anyone that inquires about getting or upgrading sights. I have an HHA (I forget which model) that has the turn wheel dial for adjusting your yardage. When I first got the sight I used my range finder and marked 20 yards. With the dial set to a low yardage I put a blank tape stripe (provided with purchase) and made a mark when the wheel pin was set to hit the bulls eye on the 20 yard line. Then I moved back to 40 yards and made a mark in the same way. I removed the tape and matched it up to the finished premarked tapes (provided with purchase) and put that finished tape on. Now I was sighted in for 0-60 yards after two steps. Awesome! I is very accurate as well. Later, I changed from Gold Tip Pro arrows (.001) to Victory VAP (a much smaller diameter shaft) and had to change my tape. I repeated the original two steps and put the new finished tape on. The yardage changed dramatically but the finished tape, after the two set up steps, as awesomely accurate out to 60 yards again. Plus with only a single pin sight, it eliminates the "all the pins are on the deer, let it fly" mistake. When you have only one pin to focus on it makes for more accurate shooting. OH, and HHA offers a couple of pin diameter choices. I went with the smallest size available to my area shop. My HHA sight also has an adjustable shroud that covers the fiber optic pin line, you expose more fiber optic for low light and less for bright times so you don't get that "star" glow around your pin. Nice feature. Good luck this season!
Whitetail Strategies Guide Service
Fred Scott Owner/Head Guide