HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Perry's NoPeep sighting system
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Kybuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
It's amazing how much difference a properly sized peep can make!

I think Kybuckhunter is misunderstanding what 'gimmick' might mean. The bow mounted 'peep eliminator' systems claim to improve accuracy - his own thread admits that they don't do that. That's a gimmick to me. I also would much rather miss on paper or foam than I would on a target with a pulse, so I'd much rather have the more accurate set up on my hunting bow, rather than settling for a less accurate system. I've personally never had an issue with light gathering through a peep - that's an issue of your peep being too far from your eye, and/or too small diameter, i.e. poorly set up.

Shooting without any sights of any kind can work, but it's not as accurate as a well-matched bowsight housing and peep arrangement. I'd never stray from that.
I agree a string peep will be a little more accurate. Thats only because of the longer distance from the string to the front sight. That doesn't mean the No Peep type sights are not accurate. I can shoot about as well with one as the other. My groups may be slightly more open but not by much. I can still hit a quarter sized dot at thirty yards with high regularity. If someone is worried about not being accurate enough to hunt with then lay your worries to rest.

I don't care what size peep you use, you will lose some light over not looking through one. I shoot a 1/4 inch peep and it will lose light. It may only be 5-10 minutes but physics do not lie. You can not squeeze as much light through the small peep to your eye. It depends if the extra time in the stand means more than the very small amount of accuracy you may lose.