HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It has been a great season for me..
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default It has been a great season for me..

Hi all, This season has been a great one for me.. The very first day I was able to tag a nice tom. The second day I was able to watch a couple of deer feeding from my blind while trying to call in a turkey. Then after calling from my blind I had a big tom come into around 40 yards and he froze up on me. I decided to try and get him.. I blew it with a complete miss.. I shot to high I figured. I did see this tom the next day as he ran and flew off on me. So I was glad he was ok..

During the season I was able to see several deer, hawks, and moose.. But i also had very few gobbles from the toms. I did get to see a decent amount of toms to boot along with only 3 jakes.. I passed up on those jakes and then this week was debating on trying to get one of those.. That all changed this morning when I was blessed with the chance at another decent tom.. Now that I am tagged out I wish others out there success as well.

This year I had my 2 first.. Just this past Monday I had 3 moose walk by at around 10 feet of my blind.. That was very neat to have happened. Then I was able to get 2 decent toms which is a first as well. I have tagged out now for 4 years in a row! This time I had no jakes and never even saw another bearded hen.. So this year I concider myself blessed enjoying my time out in the great outdoors! Now it is time for fishing to take place.. Good luck everyone and enjoy your time out in the great outdoors we all enjoy!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-25-2014 at 07:02 AM.