Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
It has been a great season for me.. >

It has been a great season for me..

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

It has been a great season for me..

Old 05-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Phil. I also have had a good season and shot my first spring turkey. A large Jake. Everyone else thinks its a small tom but by the length of tail feathers and spurs I think its a large jake . Again Congrats Phil.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks croc2116 ,

I am glad you have gotten your first spring turkey! Jake or not getting a turkey behind you is surely a great start. It will get better for you now that you have gotten yourself one..
Old 05-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a good season...
Old 05-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Spike

I'm glad that, despite winter being rough on your northern birds, you were able to have a great season. Congrats Phil!
Old 05-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks again everyone!! Yes, it has been a real hard winter on the birds up here.. Some parts of the state was shut down completely to turkey hunting so they could get reestablished better.. It was surely a hard hunt and I was able to pull it off. there is still quite a few still looking for their first bird so I feel blessed with getting both of mine..
Old 05-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had meant to add that you have a couple of nice birds yourself, xOEDragonx.. Congrats!.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seeing how I had a great season this year I wanted to try something different with my last bird I shot.. I decided to try and make a cape.. The cape part is dry enough to take down and show how it is coming out.. Being my first attempt at it I feel it is coming out pretty decent.. What do you all think of it? Have any of you tried this before? Anyways here is a pic of it as I took it down to check it out..
Old 06-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Looks good. I did the same thing with mine this year, but I didn't get mine as long as you did. Put some legs and wings on that thing and you got a whole turkey.