HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HIP REPLACEMENT part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:59 PM
rafsob
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Pawildman
.... Just had a total hip replacement myself.. the surgeon said the operation went well, but it was a real mess in there, due to me putting it off for so long and really grinding things up. He had to do some pretty extensive repair, I guess. Kept me off my new hip for 4 weeks. No weight bearing on it at all. Had to hop on one leg with a walker, and spent 4 weeks in a skilled nursing facility with therapy daily. I am home now, however, and doing well. Walking with a cane for a little balance and support, doing a fair amount of walking just holding the cane for assurance. I will say that ALL of the pain I previously had in my hip and knee are totally gone. Just soreness in the affected area and some residual swelling, which is slowly going away. I do have home physical therapy workouts I do daily. Everyone says I am really doing good, and I feel I am also. Hope to be back to most normal activities ASAP.....
Good for you pal. My only problem is what I call crazy pain. It will start to hurt in different parts of my left leg. Now this is as if my nerves in that leg are going nuts whacko!!! Other then that I'm doing great. Get to see my surgeon on Wednesday. I'm happy. I do need to build up my strength in my left leg.