HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trigger adjustment, Ruger 77
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:22 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Sun came out yesterday and I found I didn't have any pressing things to do so took the swift to my back yard range.

New one last fall.

After a bit of 50 yard work (about 10 rounds) since the action had been out of the stock to get it sighted in again for 200 yards I took a trailer load of water filled milk jugs to a cut bank on the creek flood plain. Range was 175 ranged yards. Was a lot of fun watching those jugs explode and the water fly. One I had stapled a chunk of card board to a tree with the jug in front. A 55gr. Hornady A max exploded the jug but not even a tiny bump in the card board that bullet just exploded it seemed.
I also shot some 55gr, Sierra spire points the normal load I had worked up., they exploded the milk jugs but didn't do the damage that the A Maxes did. Finally the rain clouds rolled back in so I packed things up so to get out of the rain. I went back and got the scrap jugs when it cleared in the evening.

Sure like that trigger now and nothing like exploding water jugs for range work. Can't hardly wait to try those A maxes on a coyote.

Al