HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most accurate rifle
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 AM
streetglideok
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by logancbeeman
haha i gotta shoot the 4570 a couple times man, might pull out a dime and make an adjustment on my scope and im outta there. i cant deal with people who so clearly fish with power bait in the summer, if you catch my drift. cornballers ya know?
Guess you don't understand going to the range then. I roll my own ammo, I don't pay those insane ammo prices either. You go to the range to practice, not to constantly tinker with optics. If you are constantly adjusting your scopes, there is a problem. I haven't adjusted mine for several years now, and that was a couple of clicks when I did. I go there to practice, not socialize with the others. Kind of hard to talk if the gun is going off isn't it? Why practice? Probably because game animals, whether its deer, elk, or cape buffalo, deserve the respect of a clean kill. I have witnessed too many hunters who go out the two weeks before season(most of us have seen the type) and put a few rounds thru the gun and say "good nuff". That season they miss or wound several deer and say they need a better gun. Minute of pie plate may be good enough for you, but your odds are a lot better for a bad shot than me. It is a shame to see archery hunters thumbing their nose at gun hunters like you do(your comments lead to that presumption). We all are hunters, but yet because you chose to buy over-priced equipment that's "primitive" and gives you this huge disadvantage, bowhunting is some how better. Bet you would look at different without the swanky compound bow and sights, and carbon arrows with mechanical broadheads. Recurve, wood shafts, and a stone head. That is real archery hunting.