HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st deer stories....let' s hear some.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 PM
webejonesin2

Default RE: 1st deer stories....let' s hear some.

it was six years ago, i was 24, opening morning my brother-in law gave me awake up call at 4:00am, truly to early, considering i hadnt gotten home from wrk until 2 am. but being opening day i got up, just couldnt resist-hehe- had my coffee and got ready to go out--now what i did next i couldnt beleive i did-being half asleep still and not thinking sprayed a squirt of colonge on--now being almost 5:30 in the morning didnt have time to take a shower to remove the smell, and original stetson does smell, i finished getting ready and we headed out. my father in law and my two brother in laws decide to head into the woods, which are about 400 yrds be hind the house, i decided to sit underneath a small apple tree and wait. an hour passed and nothing so i decided to smoke a cig. then about 7:30 this little fawn came from out of the tree line, about 70 yrds in front of me. okay now what, (i was thinking ) i lokked up again and there was this spike horn standing there about 50 yrds in front of me, wow this one has antlers, so pulled up my 308 w/150 grn win. supreme. boom --shot him in chest and he ran for about 20 yrds and droped. well being first one i ended up dragging him 250 yrds to the back feild, innards and all. worst part of it was i left rope at home. awfull thankful for the snow. with rest of the group in the woods i ended up getting my step farther to help me clean him. we loaded him into his truck and took him to the house. my wife and mother in law didnt belive me that i shot one until i showed them the blood on me pants. it was a beautiful deer, his spikes were 17' ' long. he only weighed 112 lbs. but worth it pound for pound. sorry so long--