HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Whitetail Outfitter experience
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 05:29 PM
bsums
Spike

I have not gone on a guided white tail hunt but I have a family ranch in Nebraska on the north platt with good white tail deer hunting, good turkey hunting, and world class waterfowl hunting. We can have our limits maxed duck/goose wise frequently within 30 minutes of shooting time. For white tail deer hunts I can't recommend a good outfitter but I do think you will have a blast! You could do a self guided hunt if you have the time to research etc which are always fun. Went on a antelope hunt two years ago, even though we left empty handed it was still a great hunt.

I just did some research on them, the firs thing that caught my eye is the lodging is a house in town or a motel which means you will be driving each morning to the hunting grounds so you won't be in deep wilderness. You won't be spending time with your guide, i.e. like around the camp fire or have much connection besides during hunting hours. This is good if you want to go out in town with your buddies, not sure if you are looking for a trip that you will have town dining/partying or a real wilderness/hunting experience. (not sure how big of a town its located in). I did a quick search on reviews and saw two bad reviews right away, what caught my eye is that they were more about the operations being run and not that they didn't see any animals etc which is concerning. I think if you already did the deposit it may be worth still going as they seem like they do run a decent operation as they had photos of some nice bucks but it appears they have had a couple times were they goofed up.