HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone been able to get any 22lr ammo?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I refuse to buy any .22s, only what my guns prefer and it happens to be CCI MiniMag hollow points...
I'll second this. I have a few thousand rounds of "off brand" stuff that I've picked up over the years in case we can't get it anymore at some point, but I only shoot 1) CCI Minimag's for hunting and 2) Remington Golden Bullet Bulk Crap for general nonsense. The bulk Remingtons are accurate, and function better than any of the other bulk crap, so even though I hate getting "gold thumb" and they run pretty dirty, that's all I usually buy. I've been buying a bit of other stuff lately just because it's hard to find it, but I don't buy anything in 50rnd boxes, just a waste of my time (except the Minimags, of course).

I shot some this weekend, only had about 3500rnds left in the locker of Remingtons, and I'm out of Minimags, so I'm not hugely motivated to seek them out right now. Hopefully things clear up in the next couple months and we get back to normal by fall.