HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Winchester 1400 ranger
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 PM
arkess
Spike

Smile

Originally Posted by KBacon
sffguitar... lots of problems. Doesn't like to feed... ect.
Oil both the magazine front and back and the eject spring well. It should be hard to push a shell through the magazine to load. If it is real easy to load then after oiling then the magazine spring has flown south for the winter.

Now you will want the main spring to move far enough back to extract a shell. If it is really hard to pull the bolt open to unload your unfired rounds. And or you cannot pull the bolt handle far enough to unload it. Then oil the heck out of the piston, spring and the slides. Let it sit barrel down on the floor, couple hours then oil the heck out of the barrel and let stand on the butt of the gun. After you have oil soaked it and let it sit for a while.

Wipe out all the oil with a rage. Take a small tube of gun oil with you every time you shoot. After every box of shells oil the extractor claw with only a drop or two of oil. Ever time you shoot it clean and oil the said parts, and if nothing is broke already, you should never have any more problems. I hope this helps, you may have done all this and need to replace your action or claw extractor?

I do not pretend to know it all, And I am wrong some times but never in dought. If this quote has a fended you in anyway I'm sorry a head of time please forgive me have a blessed day.

Last edited by arkess; 01-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.