HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 121% Increase for Non Res Turkey License in MI
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Yes I have been reading and it really hurts the person who only hunts one sport or one specie. While the DNR touts this is needed for habitat improvement and such it is a hard pill to swallow. The mean age of deer hunters in MI is 57 . Wow! This will certainly limit the number of Out of State turkey hunters for sure. I do know the area I hunt in Upper Pennisula the number of turkey hunters has decreased dramatically. We no longer see the local Motels filled. Hardly ever run into other hunters which is or was good for us.

And I need to double that as I pay for my daughter to hunt with me and we both are Non-Rezes...

TN is $165 but you can take 4 birds.
GA is $175 and you can take 3 birds.

So $165 for 1 bird - well it will stop quite a few Non resident people I am afraid.

However,
One can save money though if you hunt multiple species, deer, turkey spring or fall, small game and or ducks. You get a 15% discount if you buy 4 licenses at the same time.

New Hunting and Fishing License Structure Price Chart is attached through Excel files.

And we all know the more licenses, game permits, camping permits, any fee any state can substantiate that state gets money back from the Feds thru the Pittman Robertson Act.

JW
Attached Files
File Type: xls
MI Hunt.xls (35.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: xls
fishin.xls (31.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by JW; 01-14-2014 at 06:06 PM.