HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 121% Increase for Non Res Turkey License in MI
Old 01-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

It's interesting you put that post up JW, as I just got an email news update from the DNR this afternoon regarding the turkey season here since I'm signed up for that kind of stuff. I clicked on the booklet and went down through the fees and saw that huge increase. I haven't emailed my buddy in Florida that used to live up here and that was planning to come up and hunt with me for a week, but I know he will not be a happy camper. I'll be giving him a call in the next couple nights to see whether he will just grin and bear it or stay home. I'm 66 and qualify for the senior rates that are real low and I almost feel like I'm cheating the system, but they go by your birthday when they input your information into the computer to assess your fees, so I have no choice on the charge. Anyway, that's awful high for a NR that may only come up for two or three days just for a chance for one bird. Also, he's 76 and I see no break in price for him like I get. This was a part of the revamp on all licensing they just put into effect the first of the year.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-14-2014 at 02:57 PM.