HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which 1911 to buy?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 05:56 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

Default Which 1911 to buy?

I need some advice. I intend to purchase a 1911 frame .45 ACP. After attending a gun show yesterday with the intent to purchase one, I walked away not sure which gun I should purchase. I am willing to spend around $1000 give or take.

I know I don't want a Taurus. Leaning towards Colt, SA, and Kimber. Would consider Remington if there are owners out there that can assure me they are good pistols.

Here are my questions...

Should I buy a lower end Colt or SA then upgrade the trigger? I saw a new, nickel finished SA for $720.

Or, should I purchase one with all the bells and whistles from the factory? There was a better SA with a factory installed green laser for $1,300.

Do I need an adjustable rear sight? I am seriously considering a laser sight at some point in the future.

If I do go laser, do I install a grip laser, or buy a gun with a rail below the barrel?

Nickel or blued doesn't much matter to me. I just want a 1911 that I can target shoot accurately without showing at the range and try another person's 1911 then wish I purchased something different.