HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first elk. Dec. 27.
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 02:08 PM
moosehunter30
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by finnbear
What gave me pause was, who the heck goes hunting with one rifle for two people??
BUT I will cal BS on the 15 to 20 seconds from son shooting to father taking rifle adjusting BDC shooting watching elk fall, handing rifle back son readjusting BDC back to 600 yds and shooting again................plus why take the time to fiddle with the turret when you are in a ever changing range situation???
I would think that we are getting what is a spiced up version, that this individual thinks we want to hear to make it more exciting!
Best hunt I had was when the elk walked within 75yds of the suburban as we were getting out! Dropped within 50yds of the rd. great hunt!!!!!!
OMG you must be one of those road hunters! People in my area frown on that type of thing. Shooting from roads hahaha brutal. Just kidding of course! You know I usually wouldn't pipe up with my opinion regarding the elk you killed near the road, but since you gave me you're opinion on the elk I shot at 600 yards there you have it We both had our own rifles. I use a model 70 7mm Rem Mag, my dad carries a model 70 300 H&H; however, we only have the one custom rifle with a long range scope for those long distance opportunities. Of course we need to take the time to turn up and down turret at different ranges, otherwise you would be guessing the point of impact at different ranges. Are you familiar with Huskema optics and how they work? Look into them, because they will change the way you look at long distance shooting. Best of the West on the outdoor channel isn't BS those boys know what they are doing and also what the equipment they use is capable of.

Last edited by moosehunter30; 12-31-2013 at 02:12 PM.