Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

My first elk. Dec. 27.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know I wasn't going to chime in till I saw that little moose started spewing out anti American comments. First off lad the fact that you can't take constructive criticism about iffy shots at animals, and then get all butt hurt about it shows your age. Then you have to bash our country is appalling. I would say stay on your Canadian forums. Obviously you’re too immature to have big boy arguments without getting nasty.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

500 is a relatively easy shot....at a stationary target, your on a bipod with a rear bag, you do not hafta swing the rifle and maintain a lead which is calculated according to the speed the intended target is traveling, while adjusting POA determined by the angle of the target with each step, the 300 RUM will not make 500 yards in less than 1/2 second so at 17.5 mph you would definitely need more than 13 feet of lead, and maintain the follow through after the shot, basicly its a 100,000 to 1 shot.
no not buying the gun and shooter are capable bit, have done a bit of shooting, it was pure luck if it did happen.
RR
Old 01-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
Ya know I wasn't going to chime in till I saw that little moose started spewing out anti American comments. First off lad the fact that you can't take constructive criticism about iffy shots at animals, and then get all butt hurt about it shows your age. Then you have to bash our country is appalling. I would say stay on your Canadian forums. Obviously you’re too immature to have big boy arguments without getting nasty.
Punks are punks, north or south of the border.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
...it was pure luck if it did happen.
RR
It's so much easier to be lucky than it is to be good, though
Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Gentlemen .....I think we have wasted more then enough good time on this BOZO, as entertaining as it was LOL!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by finnbear
Gentlemen .....I think we have wasted more then enough good time on this BOZO, as entertaining as it was LOL!!!!!!!
You can tell that the big game seasons are over. Leaves too much keyboard time.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by txhunter58
"1 - Because the shooter and rifle are clearly capable"

First of all, glad you got your 1st elk. A freezer full of elk meat is a great feeling!

Second, regardless of your responses, you know as well as we do that this was a lucky shot. Just too many things could go wrong at that distance. As young as you are, deep down you know that.

I am glad it ended well. Nuff said.
Well put TX.