HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For every one to Vote on.
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Keep the rule! I hunt by myself all the time and its not hard to take a quick selfie pic or wait till you get home. It doesn't have to be the pic you keep as a dang memory just one for the contest. This rule prevents the morons that like to cheat on a free (bragging rights) contest from doing so. Either way though I would still enter the contest as I like to see how real hunters do across the country instead of the TV "hunters". As far as the lack of participants go it was probably cause of the late start to the contest this year. Just a guess though
This is why I'm here. I enjoy the contest, I enjoy seeing everybodys deer, and I enjoy the little bit of competition it adds to the forum. My entries are rarely (never) competitive, just regular old six, seven, eight points. And usually a doe every year. I get competitive here, and enjoy being on a team that competes. But it's all for fun. I don't care about the rule either way really. But I know it can be tough to get that picture. Where I shot my doe this year, I shot it just before dark. And I didn't have it back to the barn until nearly 9PM. I had to be at work at midnight. Luckily, right before skinning her out, I remembered to snap a picture. Which is why I would support the rule change. I snapped several pictures in the woods with the deer and my rifle, but none with myself. Depends on the situation but getting that self shot can be tricky at times. But I really don't care either way. Maybe we should have a vote on it next season before the competition and leave it at that for this year.
-Jake