HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope recommendations
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:12 PM
emtrescue6
Typical Buck

I'll add a vote for a Nikon Monarch...I have a pile of scopes, some over 40 years old...I have inexpensive scopes all the way up to a $1500 Kahles. I've had a few scopes over the years fail, but most of them were cheap Bushnell's or Simons stuff which mostly came to me on rifles I purchased.

One of the only quality scopes I had fail was a Lupy vx ii...not to be confused with the newer VX2's...I grew up 40 miles from the Lupy factory and delivered the scope to their door step...had the original purchase receipt and initially got GREAT customer service (and up to this point I had over half-a-dozen vx ii's in my safe, some were over 20 years old at this point)....the scope was returned to me "factory reconditioned and returned to "spec""...I fought with that POS for 2 years and never could get it to hold zero...back and forth to the factory a dozen times before I gave up and they wouldn't replace it...bottom line, good glass is good glass...several companies make good glass, but it only took one bad event to turn me away from Lupy glass for future purchases. I have since purchased several Swift Premier and Nikon Monarch scopes and have had to return 1 Swift that was DOA...the local store replaced, remounted and re-boresighted it for free, no questions asked....in and out in an hour. One of the few over-the-counter no questions asked warranty's out there. I've never had to return a Nikon and have several Monarch's and Pro-Staff's in my inventory and I find it hard to beat the combination of glass quality/clarity, price, warranty and eye relief of a Monarch. The newer Lupy's don't have near the eye relief the Monarch's do in my opinion...