Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Scope recommendations >

Scope recommendations

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Scope recommendations

Old 12-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Tnhunter444
Ownining several Nikon Monarchs and a bunch of various models of Leupold, my recommendation would also be for a Leupold. I have purchased two new VX2s in 3-9x40 over the last year or so to put atop rifles gifted to service members on hunts donated to them. Excellent value & excellent scopes for the $$.

I would, however, also recommend that you look at a VX-R 3-9x40 with Firedot duplex reticle before pulling the trigger, if low light performance is of any consideration. I would absolutely recommend a VX-R over a VX2 or VX3. And of the 50+ scopes I own including some nice Zeiss and Minox models, the VX-Rs I own are the absolute best in low light performance. Again, that may not be a major consideration for you.

Good Luck!
Is the VX-R the one with the illuminated reticle? If it is, keep in mind illuminated reticles aren't legal in all states for hunting.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Was not going to respond because I didn't want to offer another "brand" name.

I'd recommend you get a high powered scope (16-24X) for varmint / predator hunting with your 243.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by emtrescue6
Is the VX-R the one with the illuminated reticle? If it is, keep in mind illuminated reticles aren't legal in all states for hunting.
All of my guns wear scopes with illuminated reticles - if hunting in states where it's illegal, I just take the battery out.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I will agree to the mounts hole heartedly. Lots of great scopes. But my opinion is to stay with good o'l Leupold. VI, VII, or VII great company and I have never been let down.