HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???
Old 11-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Danny45

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

I used to get cold feet, alot of it from them being wet. But since I started buying Cabela' s Quest boots, my feet have stayed dry and warm. The only cost 99.00 and they have Gore-Tex in them. They started out using just 200 grams of Thinsulate, but my latest pair have 400 grams of Thinsulate Ultra. I usually just use my everyday cotton crew socks with them and they' ve never gotten cold. Even when I' ve been out hunting in icy 20 degree weather and snow.

I sometimes wonder of people don' t go overboard a little bit and get 1000 gram insulation boots, only to have their feet start sweating and then get cold. Rubber is the worst!! Also, get them to fit so you don' t get blisters, but loose enough that you' re not restricting the circulation in your feet.

Good luck, there' s nothing miserable than being on stand all day with cold feet.