HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Milo Hanson Buck
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
skinnnner
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***I agree with that assessment. You immediately see the length of all those tines and the width of it, such that the mass probably does look a lot smaller than it is. I'd also say he's sort of a freak to grow a rack like that so young when normally they say a deer doesn't put that much into it's rack until it's body is pretty much as big as it will ever be. I do envy you guys up there that live where deer have that kind of potential.

I'm with you on the TV shows and also videos being put out. I don't watch them much or buy them any more since hunting has turned into just an industry, which is very sad after the way I was brought up back in the 50s. There are an awfull lot of private holdings where only a few have access to them and then it's top dollar no matter whether it's high or low fence. I do all my hunting DIY on public land for big game now out in Wyoming and have for some time. There is an awful lot of satisfaction knowing that I can take a good animal for just the cost of my license compared to guys that are paying $4K to $7K for a 5 day hunt for deer and elk just down the road 20 miles on a 100,000 acre ranch that doesn't really have any better animals, but they can keep people out unless they pay the outfitter that has it leased to take them. I really think we're both cut pretty much from the same mold and about the only thing we've disagreed on is the huge high fence ranches in Texas that you wouldn't hunt, but how often are two people going to agree with each other 100% of the time! I'm glad you don't have me on ignore any more, as I like the opportunity to chat with persons such as yourself that have the same basic ethics and passion that I do. Have a good holiday season Bro!!!
Yup i think we started off on the wrong foot.its ok to have diffrences its what keeps us from being robots.and i totaly agree with what you said about takeing pride in harvesting game the old fashion way without dishing out thousands of dollars for.take care and have yourself a great holiday season also.