HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Started first custom build...
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 07:15 AM
emtrescue6
Typical Buck

Thanks guys! This gun was a blast to build...had a few challenges along the way and learned a few lessons...but for my first custom build, very satisfying and wonderfully addictive process. I am already planning my net build, but this one will be for my daughter in .250 Savage I thing....anyway.

RR...I can't wait to make something dead with it...the little time I have had with it to date has been a pleasure on the bench and easy to find loads it likes. So far IMR4895 seems to be the willer with 100g pills.

Why the break...well, long story short my smith has a passion for making custom breaks and that actually accounts for a great deal of his business. A good friend of mine works for him which is why I chose him as the smith to build the gun...(got the friends and family discount too)...anyway he asked about a break and I said nah...then he said, but i'll do it for free....OK, free it was. He also provided me with a threaded cap so the break can be removed if so desired. I gotta say, shooting it with the break is amazing...I think it actually kicks less than my .223 and makes accuracy that much easier. Can't wait for deer season next year!

Thanks again to everyone who helped me through this process by providing feedback and guidance! I appreciate ya'll!