HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lessons learned...please feel free to add.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Yes sir..i carry an extra release as well...my wife loves it when i hunt..she enjoys the quiet ..instead of water i carry a small gatoraid..those bottles don't make the noise that a typical water bottle does and the hole makes it easier to pee in..(-; when sitting in the stand.

I always bring a New Testament to read when sitting...i read 10 verses and scan the woods etc. etc. this is the only way i have seen deer...possible reasons...keeps me very still, builds my faith....my last hunt..i scanned and scanned...then decided to read...i was set up on the edge of a palmetto field between 2 bayheads..the field was 700 steps long...about 600 yds. I just read John 2 and slowly glanced to my left...i saw 2 deer making their way in front of me about 30 yds away..plenty of time to shoulder my 270...too bad they were does....but i heard a few ..most likely bucks sneaking through a bayhead...Next time I'll be in the bayhead..found a nice tree that gives me a shot the entire width of the head.