HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How can we make hunting more popular among young people?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:58 AM
olsaltydog
Nontypical Buck

Think there has been plenty of good answers here. I hunted and fished as a kid but once i hit high school i drifted away. After school i went back to fishing and it wasn't till after the military i went back to hunting. Just take the kids out and if they have a friend that wants to come get permission and take them along. Those day are meant for the kids not the adult. Also if you get the opportunity take the nieces and nephews and grand kids take anyone that wants to go. Thats how you keep the sport alive.

I understand alot of people want recruitment into hunting to grow. I would like to the acceptance to grow not the number of hunters to grow. To be honest you already hear about it now. You cant continue to have less land available to hunt and continue to increase the amount of hunters, you cant sustain populations of animals while increasing the amount being harvested. If we continue to increase our numbers we will end up losing more then you will ever know. So i would say we need to increase our acceptance and improve our image so we are viewed in better light then what most think we are.