HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer horror Stories?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 04:39 PM
TSR6
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Here's a horror story for you.
The guy who owns the land bordering my property found a fresh set of ATV tracks entering his land from mine so he calls me to inquire. I don't know anything but tell him I'll come out and help figure out what's going on.
I get there and locate the tracks, follow them , and find my neighbor doing the same thing. A little while later we find the ATV and a few minutes later see the guy.
He's sitting with his back against a tree dead as a hammer.
An empty pint bottle of vodka on the ground and the top of his head blown off from a self inflicted shot from his 30/06.
Next thing we know there are deputies, EMTs, the coroner, and everyone else all over the place. Roads rutted out by their vehicles, discarded stuff laying everywhere, a big mess.
On the bright side of things, he'll never trespass on your properties again.

---

My worst story is hunting private land which a hunting club has access to the open fields only, my dad, myself, and another family had permission to hunt the entire property - fields, woods, creekbottom. We put my treestand up around 3:00pm the night before opening day in the woods - 75 yards off the field edge. Nightmare was walking into the woods opening morning, to a new spot, looking for a new treestand - which wasn't there.

Called dad, he assured me I was just lost, suggested I just lean against a tree till light and look for it them. I was leaning up against the damned tree the stand was stolen from.