HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do you bow hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zim4par
Great subject! A friend and I had this exact same conversation 2 weeks ago. I believe the question I asked was "what makes bowhunting so great" after I shot my second doe of the season. My friend described it as this: "I think it is kind of like being a kid again, being able to get away with something/not get caught. Like when that big doe is watching you and your trying to keep your eye on 3 different deer and pull back your bow on one without getting busted." Don't get me wrong, I love archery and love to deer hunt. The thrill and excitement that goes into both is like nothing other than I can describe. You have to be able to get close and not get detected by going through countless steps of preparation and hard work through out the year. But the more I thought about what my friend said, I couldn't really disagree with it. I think it is what partly fuels me as a bowhunter myself. Share the tradition with your family and friends. It's a ride, Happy Hunting!
Ive had a Turkey buzzard/vulture intentionally try to poop on me!! He could see me but didn't know what I was...and flew right over where I was landed above me and pooped!! luckily the wind caught it and took it to the left of me...I almost took a shot at it with my bow...but I think they are protected