HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do you bow hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 02:04 PM
LI archer
Fork Horn

cut my teeth as a young 25yo on a permit to harvest deer doing damage to our family tree farm. not much woods as the big boss pushed most of it but some good deer moving in at sunset.. took a lot of deer and esp bucks with my 12 Remington.. but! when I picked up the bow I never did the permit again even though it took me afew years to get my first deer (mature doe at 10yrds,she went 15yrds more) and first buck was a monster after a rain.. was stalkin the edge of our field and the swamp..out steps this huge freakin thing I ever saw.. knees knockin the works.. finaly he turns I guess 30.. well he must of been 35/40 instead..watched my Easton arrow dip below his vitals.. saw him run off about 200 yrds back lit on a rise saw nothing but his rack.. was hooked from there on.. now I enjoy the peace and QT and seeing the animals.. hawks landing in trees close to me.. foxes running thru the woods down wind barkin and yippin living it up too many things to list..but love it! even though for the last 3 years I have been stuck with only hunting people's yards this year DEC cut off the permit in early sept.. shot my first buck/deer on our family's nursery with a bow!! not a monster but a trophy for me!! enjoy ever second!!!

Last edited by LI archer; 11-11-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: inserting words