HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Absolutle disaster tonight. Nothing worse.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:06 AM
jpman2112

Default RE: Absolutle disaster tonight. Nothing worse.

I feel your pain I' ve been there myself.Two years ago this happened to me and again this year.The first time it happened I was trying to draw on a doe that was right under my stand.I guess I was aiming the bow at so much of a downward angle that I just couldn' t draw it.Than this year I had a small buck walk up to me and I tried to draw but couldn' t.I tried about four times to draw.When the deer walked away I climbed out of my stand and pretty much cussed all the way back to camp.Than I cranked my bow down a turn took a couple practice shots and went back out.In my case I haveta say it was a lack of preporation that made this happen.I never shot my bow enough this year.I took a few shots and was hitting good so i thought i was good to go.Also shooting on the ground or in a stand are way different.When I shoot on the ground my stance is wider than when i shoot from my stand.I think the leverage theory comes into play.
The first year I went bow hunting,I got in my stand looked around and made a practice draw at a strange angle and pulled a muscle in my neck.Ouch that hurt for about 2 weeks.Look at it this way this is opening weekend for rifle season go out there and get some revenge on that deer!!!