HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quantico 8B
Thread: Quantico 8B
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 09:04 AM
QuanticoKidd
Fork Horn

07BUCKSHOT,

Okay let me answer tese Questions I know the Quantico rountine very well and the past 4-5 years they have been doing a 9 Day War Games that falls around Opening Day Gun Season it seems every year this year it falls Friday Nov 16th and going through Nov 27th the day before thanksgiving this will effect the entire base mostly all the "Gun Areas" will be closed and "Bow Areas" will remain open such as 7C,5C,6C,5B and Mainside Parking Areas 1-8 the few Gun Areas open will vary but most likely it will be 6B,and 17A or 17B and probably 16G again this is not definte but it seems during the War Games they keep these areas open for hunting becuase they don't fall into the "Shoot Perimeter Area" which makes them safe to hunt.

Nov 16th Firearms Opener is tricky it really all depends on how many areas they have open if you are Active Duty then you will normally allows get in most of the time becuase you get first selection on passes. It goes (1) Green Card (2) Blue Card (3) Card Brown

This year with the Rut being late Gun Season will be packed with guys taking Vacation and Gun Season brings alot more hunters to the woods which means less passed free honestly if you don't mind bow hunting I would stick to the Bow Areas they allow you to have free Does (DMAP) and the bucks are "Sometimes" larger in these areas.

You will learn very fast that there are Areas that stay open most of the hunting season just study the map and notice which areas are open all the time you hunt and scout those becuase they are typicall open the same way every year unless there is some super training going on. Also you will learn that the Holidays "Veterans Day" "Thanksgiving" will open up most of all the Areas that are normally closed and open them base wide such as 14B,12A,11A,8A, these areas are normally only open during Holiday Season or on rare occasional Saturdays but very rare.