HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 07:52 AM
James White

Default RE: Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?

Sideways,

The girl scouts have moved to an area that you will see on the left on Aquasco farm road ,right across the enetrence to the Farm.

The beagle club ,Yep been there a few times to watch the trails,But they are the only every couple months.

As far as the 9 hunter rule,Dont know who is telling you that ,or who is telling you ,that you need a researvation,that went out years ago,The only thing required is a Public hunting permit from the DNR,I will say there is always a bit of confusion about this location ,due to the fact that it is owned by the Md.Park and planning service and the DNR controlls the hunting,And they both do not know what the other is doing.

If you were there on saturday...You missed seeing the guys come out in the AM with those bigs bucks.

Not sure were you are hunting back there,But that is one of the areas with the highest concentration of deer in the state.

Hint....Hunt the River/swamp area knolls in the rear.Also the property line/power line/swamp area in the back left.

I drive through there since the yote reporting at dusk...and is very easy to count over 200 deer on any giving night.

Have counted 7 yotes so far,Will be trying to live trap them after hunting season,unless I can get a good shot with the traquilizer.

By chance if you see one and get a shot at one take it out,and PLEASE call me.

The farmer that originally farmed it died,And there for it was alowed to grow up,They are going to clear all the feilds,and remove the barns,Also there is a thing were they may,Start a controlled burn,to burn off some off the fields,As you noticed ,the tractors didnt get alot done,due to the overgrowth.

Good luck.