HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Vision problems with bow sight, need help!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Snake Doc
Spike

Default Progressive lenses...

Originally Posted by Edventurous
My problem, wearing glasses with progressive lenses, is that the pin is sharp but the target is not in focus (at 40 yards). I tried using my contacts instead (which are for distance only). I can now see the target clearly, while the pin is somewhat fuzzy. The end result is, I can now put a slightly fuzzy pin on a target in focus. My groups at 40 yards are much better now. I'd rather see the kill zone of an animal in focus, with a slightly fuzzy pin, than the other way around.
Edventurous,
After reading the above posts I had to go check my bow sights to see which part of my bi-focals I was using; found that I was using the distant portion.

My first bi-focals were "progressive" and I totally disliked them; I seemed to only have clear (distant) vision when looking straight ahead through the center of the lenses.

My next pair were the old Ben Franklin type (basic old bi-focals). As mentioned above I have the reading lenses slightly below the center of the lenses and I can see my sights and target very well (can't hit it, but that's a different story! LOL)

I also found that my bi-focals helped my golf game too; when my ball looked blurry I knew I wasn't keeping my head down.

Hope this helps some.