HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 10mm Rock Island Armory, Finally got it!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:21 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

I had not even fired a shot out of it and I had both polished the slide and the ramp!!!! I do that with all my autos. I even done it with my R1 and it is stated to have it already done.

Recoil is like that of a 45, just more sharp. I usually shot 200 grn out of my 45 and I am shooting 180grn out of the 10mm are pretty close in the target load realm. I carry it with Black Talons and they have a pretty good kick when you light them up.

As far as a bear side arm goes, I would not feel undergunned in black bear country, but would much prefer something with MUCH more lead if I had my choice. But it would beat a 22 in the instance though!!!! We shot an old 60ft mobile home last week with the 10 with a 180grn FMJ that was getting ready to be torn apart and the frame used for a trailer. Everything was intact including the appliances in the kitchen. I stood outside the back bedroom and shot from end to end. We went inside to find the round lodged in the compressor unit of the fridge on the other end!!! It hit one wall stud going through the bedroom and then just paneling and insulation till it hit the fridge. A real test of the round, no, but was rather impressed with the horsepower of the load. A reload. I would carry it as a bear country backup if I were bowhunting. More rounds than a 45. More horsepower than a 357 or 40. Seal teams use the 10mm in the their MP entry weapons. Ted Nugent carries it in a Glock as a side arm.