HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Vision problems with bow sight, need help!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

One thing you should understand is that it is physically impossible to have two objects as far apart as a pin and the target in focus at the same time. The eyes don't work that way---even good eyes. Most knowledgeable shooters prefer to have the target clear and the pins have to be a bit blurry. Your total focus should be on the target.

There are a couple things you might want to try. One is to buy a low power pair of reading glasses. Which diopter is trial and error and is something I need to do myself.

The second one I can think of is to get a Specialty Peep sight, probably 1/4". Specialty makes what they call Verifier lenses in different diopters for just what you are experiencing I would guess you'd only need a #4 or #5 lens. The Verifier threads into the peep housing.

The purpose of them is to clear up the pins for people who need bifocals. To fit the peep housing the largest one is actually 3/16" inside diameter. They aren't cheap so if you go thisroute you need to find a shop that sells them. Most shops have a demo board with lenses mounted so you can look through them to get an idea of what you'd need. The next step would be to install a peep in your string and actually try a couple to make sure.

Another nice thing is that Specialty makes different size apertures to fit the housing so possibly all you need is a smaller peep aperture to clear up the pins.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.