HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick my next camo
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigeclipse
Thank you for your input...I am not so concerned about color pattern. What I was really wondering was...with all the advances in hunting technology these days, is there a jacket and bibs that are quiet for bow hunting, wind stopping/wind proof, MAYBE water resistant but this isnt as important to me as I do have rain gear and I rarely go out in the rain...relatively thin for warmer days such as fall around 40-50 fahrenheit but with layering would be good down into the teens MAYBE single digits? The coveralls I use now worked...for the most part, but arent very good in warmer days and they are fading with a few good size holes in them from when I got caught in barb wire haha. BUT that being said...if this doesnt exist in hunting clothes yet...I would be at least looking for a WARM jacket and PANTS that are quiet as I have some warmer weather camo...albeit it is kind of crappy but works.
If you can, get into one of the stores and try a few on. With the newer camo, most of it is pretty quiet. I use the Field and Stream stuff from Dicks and think its really good. Shot a buck this year at 2 yards and about 10 feet in the air and he never heard anything. Plus, I wear it down to about 15 degrees and stay warm as well.