HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting in Henderson County, Illinois
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Unless your neighbors are "If its brown its down" you should have some 130's and up running around. They are smart deer once they hit 3.5 years but if you do your homework and research the land I can almost bet you will have some living on there that you will have a shot at. I think that everyone has a different definition of what the rut is and when it is. Personally, Once November hits, I want to be in a tree as much as I can. I'm planning my longer hunting trip from November 5 to 12th which I think is the prime time. Anywhere from right around Halloween to about the start of gun season.

Last year on our drive down to southern Illinois the day before gun season it got light right around Champaign and as we could start to see, I kid you not, every other field had a doe with a buck in it. It was one of the cooler things I have ever seen. We must have seen 50 bucks locked up with does. Be in your stand the first time of November and be prepared to do some shooting!