HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick my next camo
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Bigeclipse
Spike

Originally Posted by fastetti
Personally, I think your looking too deep into your camo. I've always picked mine up at Dicks or Bass Pro after the hunting season. I look take a look at what seems thick enough for the type of weather I'm in and make sure the pattern is somewhat of a match and that is it. I have thin camo for warmer weather and Bibs and a jacket for colder weather. I've never been too into looking into brands as long as its a reputable one. I have a lot of good camo but have never gone shopping for a specific brand or color pattern. I hunt hardwoods and the majority of camo out there matches it. Plus, deer and human eyes are a lot different. What looks good to you may be totally different looking for a deer. Good luck on your search.
Thank you for your input...I am not so concerned about color pattern. What I was really wondering was...with all the advances in hunting technology these days, is there a jacket and bibs that are quiet for bow hunting, wind stopping/wind proof, MAYBE water resistant but this isnt as important to me as I do have rain gear and I rarely go out in the rain...relatively thin for warmer days such as fall around 40-50 fahrenheit but with layering would be good down into the teens MAYBE single digits? The coveralls I use now worked...for the most part, but arent very good in warmer days and they are fading with a few good size holes in them from when I got caught in barb wire haha. BUT that being said...if this doesnt exist in hunting clothes yet...I would be at least looking for a WARM jacket and PANTS that are quiet as I have some warmer weather camo...albeit it is kind of crappy but works.