HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick my next camo
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Bigeclipse
Spike

Default Help me pick my next camo

Hey everyone...I am now looking for new camo to replace my crappy coveralls...not even sure what brand they are but they are low level.
I hunt all season in new york from early oct. through early january. Id say weather can range from low teens fahrenheit to 50's...average for my seasons would be 25-40F.

Here is what I am looking for:
1) QUIET as I bow hunt as well as rifle so I will be close to the deer for half my hunting.
2) Water resistant and wind proof...DOES NOT need to be water proof as I rarely, if ever, go out in rain and when it does rain...I simply walk home. I hunt on my in-laws land.
3) Layering. I think I am more looking for a good outside shell Jacket and bibs/pants than a full blown cold weather suit. Since I hunt multiple seasons I would most likely layer up. I have good quality layers for underneith but need a good quality jacket and bibs/pants. However...if I HAD to choose I would go with the shells retaining heat better than staying cool as I do have some hunting camo for really warm weather days say 50+ degrees fahrenheit.
4.) cost...of course I want cheap price...who doesnt BUT that doesnt mean I wont spend money. I would like to keep total for jacket and bibs/pants below 400 dollars.
5.) Strength of material is last because I mainly hunt from stands and rarely walk through thick stuff that can ruin the jacket or pants. I dont really buy into scent lok stuff...I wash my cloths with hunting detergents and they are stored with fresh tree limbs, grass, etc to help with scent control and I also use scent sprays and such and have had lots of success but that doesnt mean I WONT buy them if they are good at everything I listed above. However, science is showing that deer can see UV light so I kind of buy into the whole UV pigments for camo(rather avoiding the UV pigments) so if there are known camo that use UV dyes...id probably stay away from them but again it's not HIGH on my list of priorities.

All Suggestions are welcome

Last edited by Bigeclipse; 07-24-2013 at 04:51 AM.