HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Success stories---anyone
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Pat_Ely
Typical Buck

Well my brother and sisters of the turkey hunting world I don't know about you all but I was blessed with just an awesome spring this year. And no I did not harvest a bird myself, but did call in 21 birds this spring in PA. I had gotten hurt at work and had to have two surgeries this spring, First was tommy johns surgery for a nerve injury in my arm which in turn they found a tumor inside my bone in my arm. So anyway I got to sit under a lot of trees this spring and call and video for others. I had a changed outlook on what was really going on this spring again. I couldn't get over how blessed I was with the area and the beauty of the country that I was getting to hunt. God did an awesome job with our outdoor scenery adn I gave many thanks for that. I did call in a buddy's first ever longbeard which he was able to harvest at 8 yards on video. Had three of them in and made them gobble at 12 yards making him almost jump out of his skin. When I can type alot more I will share my stories of spring with you. I am trying to stop by here more. Some may know me and I am sure there are alot of new names on here. But like I used to say " My name is Pat and I am a turkaholic, I am on the 12 step program 12 steps from the end of my muzzle". I hope that everyone had a safe and prosperous season.