HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Brad C.
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bghunter777
The feathers do a fair job of stopping many of the pellets of normal shot at 35-40 and beyond I wander if you can even eat a turkey shot w TSS over 40 yards once the pattern has spread out enough to cover a portion of the body.
I have heard from Hal that TSS #9's will shoot through the breast of a bird at 40 yds I believe was what he said. Now I don't know if that is shooting into the bird facing you are at a side view. But remember what I told you about thinking of hypodermic needles when talking about this TSS #9 stuff. TSS #8 would probably be even more wicked as for how far out it would kill.

But again I don't support this extra long range shooting that this stuff is supposed to be able to do. So I'm just passing on info. I don't shoot this stuff like I told you earlier. But having said that and comparing this stuff to the hardness and density of hevi-13 which is actually 12g/cc vs the TSS #9 or 8's that are 18g/cc, one can only do the math what this TSS stuff could be very well capable of doing at yardages most guys would think that is unethical even if the pattern is there. That's up to each shooter to decide that does decide to shoot this stuff or those that are already shooting it.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-19-2013 at 08:01 PM.