HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Brad C.
Fork Horn

I know who Mark Bansner is. He liked short barrel shotguns and said they shoot just as good as longer barrel shotguns. He also said that a shotgun load would shoot it's max velocity out of the first 18 to 19" of a barrel which is not true. And his theory of the short barrel shotguns shooting just as good as a longer barrel typically won't be true either. I have done the test myself and compare a 21" barrel shotgun against the longer barrel 28" same shotgun with a variety of loads. The 28" barrel won in every contest. Now that don't mean that some 21" barrel can't shoot better than some longer barrels. But typically I will take the longer barrel and the added velocity over the short barrels.

And don't threaten me with your words here. You can't stand the fact that a guy calls you out. I know how good my guns shoot, and I got the patterns to back it up. And the 835 and Star Dot choke ain't scared. It consistently will shoot with the best of them even if it against a Bansner choke.