HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boated about 80% of my worm fish last Sat.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:22 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Boated about 80% of my worm fish last Sat.

OK..been a very frustrating year..forgot how to set the hook LOL not really..not really a LOL situation.

Sat. I lost a big bass on my first toss..I then remember how my wife used to catch them.I can't remember her losing one bass on a rubber worm..The advice I got this week was to cross their eyes,..yeah right..I've been doing that..0-20 trying that..My wife barely would set the hook and she never lost any..

SO here's what I did Sat..and it worked..
A. when I feel a tap..decide quick ..which way is the fish swimming..let's say she is going west.

B. I follow the rod tip west with the fish until I'm ready to make my move.

THIS IS ACTUALLY NOTHING NEW..THE TECHNIQUE IS CALLED THE PULL SET

C. using the rod tip action as you feel the weight of the fish sweep your rod east..the exact opposite of the direction that the fish is going in..result..a hook going straight through the upper lip..as you feel the resistance I give a nice but not over powering thud to drive the hook..The fish does the rest as she doubles up on the rod blank..I went 8-11 last Sat. I was pitching ..casting is a little different.

D. My last bass was a 6 1/2 pounder.I had made a long cast on a sandbar..I felt the pick up...reeled in all the slack and on these I just sweep it good and steady over my head..hook went straight through the upper lip.

This one was just over 6 1/2 pounds..fought real hard..

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-13-2013 at 02:28 AM.