HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Advice
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Tomster

Default RE: Looking for Advice

Hey Mike,

I have been hunting muzzleloader in PA now for 3 years and love the extra hunting and challange it provides. I took a quick look at NH Game Commission website and noted a few things. Your muzzleloader season is going on now untill the 11th so you will probably miss out on that. You have some time to decide what rifle you want which is always good. Also you can use inlines also another good thing.

I have the CVA Firebolt 209 Ultra Magnum muzzleloader Blue/Fiber Green and I love the gun and it runs about $300 from Cablea' s. I also have a Flint Traditions Deerhunter which I picked up at Gander Mountain with the entire kit and the flints are more involved than the inlines. I have had great success with the CVA inline and shot a nice doe in PA' s early doe season with it. I only tried one load the Powerbelts but I will try this year the 200 TC Shockwave. The only minor issue I have with it is the scope is slightly loose which I will correct. The Knights Disc Extrene is also an excellent gun I have heard here and if you have the cash I would go that route also. CVA also has a another gun on the market, the CVA Optima 209 Magnum and it looks more like a 30-30, and the 209 prier gets loaded
from the back versus the top like mine. I saw them being shot at the range by me and the look pretty neat.

My grandmother has a place in Randolph Vermont not far from White River Junction, how close are you to there??

Tomster