HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Success stories---anyone
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
turkey harvester
Typical Buck

Killed this lad first weekend of the Missouri season. He didn't start gobbling till 7am. My wife was hunting with her best friend set up on a little green field with 2 birds just hammering. I didn't want to mess either one of the girls up so my best friens and i took off on a hike to try and find a gobbler that wanted to play. This guy gobbled on his own for a while so i figured he was by himself. When i set up on him he wa on the opposite ridge, thought i had to re-setup but deceided to wait him out. He was about 140 yards away when i set up on him, got him double gobbling and then shut up on him for a couple minutes. He never gobbled for the time I didn't call so I checked him. He was 70 yards up on top of the hill strutting my way. He crossed the holler and came up on my side strutting. He was cornering away so I called and he seen the decoy, blowed up and came straight to me. He got about 40 yards a nd I think he seen my buddy, he didn't get a chance to get behind the tree, came out of strut and got hicky on us. Wing tucking and starting to leave my buddy says shoot. I have a dead tree in front of me and can't shoot. He goes on down the hill i called to him, he turned and gobbled back at my decoy but still wanted to walk away. He turned and that was all I could stand, I let him have it and the high fives started. First time me and my buddy have got to kill together, it was an awsome hunt. Bird weighed only 17 lbs. had a 9" and a 4" beards and 1" spurs. good ole 2 year old.
Attached Images