HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Threw away my venison
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
big rockpile
Fork Horn

Ok I have never lost a whole Deer with all that could happen but we process all ours.

I had one I shot the evening before,didn't find it until late next morning.Smelled when I gutted it.Took it home hosed it out let it hang couple hours until inside was dry.No smell,meat did fine.

Hit a Deer in Ham,didn't find it until next day with use of Dog.It had laid on shot Ham.blood pooled there.Took it home hosed it out let dry.Lost the Ham but rest was ok.

Gut shot a Deer,found it next morning,got it home hosed it out and dried,didn't lose any.

Killed a Deer that had been goard in a Ham that was infected.Lost the Ham but rest was ok.

Had a Deer for my Son.Son wanted a Processor to grind it and make part into Suasage.Some of this we Processed ourself.When we got back the other from Processor it wasn't fit to eat.

Killed a Boar Hog that stunk very Bad.Skinned it,washed it out good,cut all Glands off,some I had never seen before,let it hang few hours.It tasted great.

Shot an old Ram.Put some in Skillet while we was processing,tasted fine until I swollowed then got an Old Sheep taste,tried every thing never could eat it but Dogs ate Great.

Just saying I don't trust Processors and it has to have something really Bad happen to lose all.

big rockpile