HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lok
Thread: Scent Lok
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Psylocide
I would guess that anything a hunter could do to mask his external scent could be outdone by a simple fart or the odor of his breath, perspiration, etc.

Yep it can, I use Hawgs vanishing hunter as a mouth wash as well. Don't know what's in it, it works. A simple fart comes out of everything so it isn't a threat, what's not found in the woods is. Dead vegetation and dead animals make a good cover scent. Bales of straw have been used by hunters since there have been bales of straw. Native Americans used to do 2 things to get rid of and cover their scent. One was to stand in the smoke of sweet burning grass, the other was to bath in streams of the area's they hunted in. If anyone has ever folllowed the instructions of SL they no doubt smelled the product coming out of the dryer, it smells like sweet burning grass. I've always put mine in on it's hottest setting, cooked it for about 40 minutes and removed it while still running, hot and put it right into it's own sealed bag (washed and sprayed hands of course).

Smoke is a powerful thing and anyone that's ever tried to restore something damaged by smoke from a fire will tell you, it takes some powerful stuff to over come it's smell. SL come's out of the dryer smelling like it's been in smoke and yes, dryers do catch things on fire, just requires a product with a low flash point. SL also warns the product can only be washed x number of times before it starts to lose it's effectiveness (what burns is washed out). This and more is what SL has hit on and all of it can be done by the hunter without buying the clothes except, the clothes are high quality and mine are very quiet.