HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - artificial worms
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I must confess as I fished the black trick worm yesterday...that is not a 2 headed worm..one side is a little fatter than the other..

Bottom line..all hobbies cost money..it's part of the deal..you have to decide if it's worth the investment..for me it is..I get much more out of fishing than fishing..I love the peace and quiet.

Back in the 80s I was poor as a church mouse ..and a full time college student. I loved fishing and would pick up a lawn or 2 to buy my tackle..There wasn't a lot of different worms to choose from ..my favorite was the black and blue Mann's Jelly Worm..you only got 5 in a pack. I'd pick up other worms from garage sales...actually any color will work..Worm fishing is mostly presentation..but my rather is the black but I have caught them on electric blue, red shad, green. motor oil , etc. etc. and in all sizes..from 5inch to 10 inch. NOW...I'm a little bit better off and will buy 10 packs at a time..95 % of my worms are black...I rarely use bullet sinkers..I spray paint 5/16th ounce round split shots red..{All lure makers know that red causes bass to be aggressive.}thus the reason you see a red dot painted on the sides of a lot of baits..and this way I don't need to peg ...I also use bass pro 4 MM rattles in every worm to generate strikes...I only use trick worms..because the others kink up monofilament..I use 10 pound Trilene line as much as possible...

Plan to fish tonight..they are spawning.[-;

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-25-2013 at 07:06 AM.