HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions
Thread: Opinions
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

I always say to chose whatever shoots best for you and what you can afford. I hear of people who try to save a few bucks on cheaper equipment and brag about it. The way I see it, you can save a few bucks here and there on something a little less quality but when you miss the deer of a lifetime or have to spend an extra 6 hours tracking a deer in the dark you'll wish you had spent the few extra bucks!

My buddy used to shoot a dinosaur of a bow. He said he liked using it because it was his first bow. Even though it didn't shoot perfect he still loved it. I finally convinced him to switch to something newer with the reasons above. The first time you shoot a deer and don't get as good on penetration or have some sort of mechanical error and we have to track a deer for 800 yards or even lose a deer you'll wish that you upgraded. After giving him that reason he switched to the Mathews Drenalin. I always think about if the deer of a lifetime walks out i don't want to blow my opportunity but also if a doe walks out, I want a clean kill. I want any animal I harvest to suffer as little as possible and high quality equipment (as well as a lot of practice) with help with both of those.