HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CT hunting help! Why is CT a BS state?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by silverguns6890
Here are my questions.
Do I need a hunting license to hunt on my own private property?
If I intend to sell the furs from any game I shoot, do I need tags or anything?
What are the legal issues/what legal trouble could I experience, IF any, if I hunt on my own property and take game?
With little doubt you will need a hunting license to hunt your property. If it makes you feel any better, being required to buy a license to hunt on your 20acres, where animals would be transitory, not local their entire lives, makes much more sense than being required to buy a license to hunt on the 17,000 acres my family and I own (legally defined in KS as "own land").

I haven't seen any requirement that a fur harvesters license is required to sell hides. Only that all hides intended for sale must be tagged at no charge by a dep representative during one of the tagging dates, or at one of a few select dep offices.

Legal repercussions for violating hunting laws can be incredibly stiff, as many violations are lumped together, the recourse for killing a rabbit without a license may likely be the same as killing a deer unlicensed.

Buck up buddy, you had the money to buy a gun or bow, you had the money to buy the land, spend the money to hunt legally.