HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CT hunting help! Why is CT a BS state?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM
silverguns6890
Spike

Default CT hunting help! Why is CT a BS state?

I am getting tired of the DEP website and I find that their requirements to get a hunting license are obsurd and worthless. Why should I need to pay to take a course to learn what I already know? Same thing with the NRA course needed to obtain a pistol permit. $150.00? No wonder there are so many criminals in CT. CT doesn't make anything easy for those who want to do the LEGAL thing.

Ok well, I aquired 20 acres of land which I own with a friend. So far we noticed dozens of different animals from deer and yotes to turkey and many critters.
I don't intend on hunting/tracking anything other that Yotes and other furry critters and predators. No Deer or migratory birds or turkey.

Here are my questions.
Do I need a hunting license to hunt on my own private property?
If I intend to sell the furs from any game I shoot, do I need tags or anything?
What are the legal issues/what legal trouble could I experience, IF any, if I hunt on my own property and take game?

Why does CT hate hunters and firearm owners so much??
Permit courses are urealisticly expensive and most of the needed courses are no where near ANY hunting areas! Why on earth would you host the hunting & trapping course in a city 2+ hours away from any hunting areas?!

As much as I prefer to do the legal thing and abide by the regulations and laws, its rediculous how stupid and straining the process in CT is. I think all the yupps in Hartford think everyone is stupid and lacks common sense. Honestly, wtf? you don't to take a 3 day course to get a fishing license, but you need the course for hunting? I have lived in CT for 99% of my life, and have YET to hear about ANY hunting related crimes. BUT, I have seen people take 50+ snapper Bluefish from LIS, when the limit is 10. I have seen this happen almost every time I hit the beaches. I think its great to see a family of 10 eating toxic fish every day. Get sick, die and stop destroying outdoor recreation because you have your whole illegal family in your Chevy van and only 2 of you work.