HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A day at the range with Knight and the Bloodline
Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
DiscMan
Spike

Default A day at the range with Knight and the Bloodline

The one in 28 is the real ticket when using 300 blood line bullets. Once again I have found that 90 to 100 grains of T-7 or Blackhorn 209 and the heavy bullets of 275 to 300 are the real deal. Not only do they make tiny little clusters, but they lay the smoke down on whatever they hit. I have shot several animals with these bullets and when the shards break off at impact it looks like a claymore mine has gone off inside the deer. I have continued to find that the longer bullets stabilize better that the short pistol type bullets. I have found that using the Knight sabots work better than some of the aftermarkets that I have tried. I used some of the Harvester crush rib and found them to load way too easy to shoot accurate. I have an older Knight Disc that likes about everything up to an including a number ten river rock. Just a Joke, but would probably shoot it if I could get it down the barrel. I once was an advocate of the XTP bullets, but now show a great deal of favor for the new Knight Bloodline bullets from Lehigh Defense. This bullet has shown itself to be a great performer. I didn’t think I would ever say The Barns 250 would be replaced as my primary hunting bullet, I now can say that with authority.